We are seeking a part-time staff member to do maintenance and repairs around the building and occasional larger renovation projects both on and off-site. While the position is part-time (20-30 hours each week), for the next several weeks it will be a full-time position (35-40 hours/week) until the completion of a renovation. We generally have around 2-4 large projects each year, and during these times, the hours will again increase to 35-40 hours/week. We can generally be flexible with other time commitments you may have so long as we have advance notice.
There are two primary facets to this position and as such, there are two rates of pay. The rate is $17 an hour for the bulk of the work that the Maintenance Person is doing, which includes mechanical systems maintenance, roofing maintenance, painting, basic carpentry, furniture repair, light plumbing and light electrical. Some lawn care, grounds maintenance, and light snow removal (we have a snow removal service, however we need to stay on top of the snow when it snows throughout the day). The second rate is $20 an hour, and this rate is for renovation and construction work for longer term projects that often require a higher skill level as well as coordination with other contractors.
Depending on the new person's proven abilities and dependability, we may revisit the rate after the first three months of employment. We also offer paid time off for this position after a one month training period, as well as a 10% discount at Mama Goose and Mimi's Attic.
You’re the one we’re looking for if:
- You excel at working independently but you’re still able to communicate well with many different people. This position interacts mostly with the two building owners and the managers of the stores, but will also be coordinating sometimes with our building tenants, other employees, and/or other contractors
- You enjoy doing a wide variety of work and like the kind of job where you’re doing something different every day
- You have great time management, organizational, and record-keeping skills
- You have a valid driver's license and dependable vehicle (ideally a truck)
- You are able to lift 50-70 lbs.
- You are reliable and punctual
- You have knowledge and experience in many facets of construction, renovation, and maintenance
- You can provide your own tools
Questions can submitted to westsideofficecenter @ gmail.com , however to apply, interested applicants should stop in at Mimi's Attic at 430 West State Street to fill out an application. After your first interview, we would ask that you complete authorizations for a background check and a motor vehicle record check.
No phone calls, please.